Thursday, March 31, 2022

Week 8: Continuing CCR Creation and Adding Credits/Titles to Video

Hey all! Welcome back!! We have a lot to talk about today. First, let me just re-analyze my CCR Creation Planning that I mentioned last blog because I adjusted a few details. I know I said last time that I was going to film Friday and edit Saturday and Sunday, but after writing the script and planning out the "storyboard," I realized that the majority of time that the CCR will take up is the editing process because I have to add so many visuals and edits to make it interesting and interactive. SO, I changed the filming date to Thursday, which gives me one extra day to work on editing (Friday). Ok, let's officially begin now-GET READY, it's a lot. 

Let's start off with the editing done to the video (pretty much finished it already). The only thing I really had left to do on the video was add the titles and credits. Even though we had previously planned this factor, we had not picked out exactly which fonts we were going to use. So, it was a little more time consuming than I though it was going to be because I reviewed other film opening examples and saw how the fonts and transitions that the credits and titles are introduced is very important in setting the mood up. My partner and I got on a FaceTime call and worked for about 2 hours on finalizing this part of the video. I wanted to work face to face with my partner because I think that this part, even though it's small, does matter a lot and deserved the attention. We re-analyzed our previous ideas in a previous blog (way back), and then analyzed other examples of tragedy drama films like This is Us (similar family tragedy drama). We noticed how most of the credits were introduced very simply and the fonts were also very simple, as the focus is more on what is happening on the screen. The simplicity also helps to add a dull tone to the production. After getting a better picture of what we were looking for, we picked out the font by going through each one and picking out the one that matches the tone and genre. The rest of the process was pretty simple. I am EXTREMELY impressed with DaVinci Resolve because it was incredibly easy to add the credits to the portion we wanted it to be added in. We followed a similar process for the title (researching and going through each font), and we finally finished this part to the video. Here is the font/transition that we picked out for the credits:

Here is the font/transition that we picked out for the title:

Alright, so first thing done. Now we move on to talk about the CCR Creation. On Wednesday, I created the script and created kind of a storyboard plan while creating the script. This was not too hard to make because I had already answered the questions like I showed last blog, so I used those answers as the main basis of the script. While creating the script, I was constantly looking at another example that our teacher, Ms. Stoklosa, provided, to just make sure I was covering everything and was on the right track. Here is a glimpse of the script I created, the highlighted parts are my ideas for what will be integrated within that specific clip/sentence (that is my "storyboard" you could say):


As you can see, the basis of the script is very similar to the answers to the questions that I demonstrated on the previous blog, with a few sentences that I changed to make it more creative and interactive.

Ok, THAT'S done with. Now let's move on to the last portion of this blog, the filming of the CCR! I approached the production aspect of the CCR by printing out a copy of the script shown above. I placed my camera in an angle in my room that was good, and I started filming. I read off the script, but a lot of the times paraphrased what was on the script as well (shorter). 

After this, everything was very easy. I simply filmed me reading the entire script. Next time I will edit! I'm so close to finishinggg ahhhh!!

Until next time,
Natalia Ballinas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening Video

Get Ready.  It's time. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dcF2RGBX0Gozu1MrusZh8dxGkpvUMCcp/view?usp=sharing