Sunday, April 3, 2022

Week 9: Final Reflection- time to say goodbye :(

Hey everyone, today is final reflection day! Before my final reflection, I will give a short explanation on the remaining of my editing process for my CCR, like I promised in my last blog. Let's begin!

The remaining of my CCR was quite simple because I followed the same process that I had been doing before. To remind you (if you didn't see my previous blog), my process followed the steps of cutting the clips to the appropriate size, looking at my script for creative ideas that I had planned, and following the ideas to create an interactive video. It took a longggg time (9 minute video), but I finished! Now let's move on to the final reflection!!

WOW, I cannot believe that this is the last paragraph I will be writing. This has been a long and draining process (especially at the end), but I learned a lot of key things that I will apply to other things in my life, and I enjoyed this process as well. Some of the key things that I learned with this project was how important organization is to complete a long project. I was very happy that I was able to stay on track, starting and ending this project on a scheduled plan. This allowed me to not be overwhelmed as the due date started coming close, and have a more well-rounded project that integrated all necessary topics and details. Another key thing that I learned with this project was to be creative! I know this sounds cheesy, but think out of the box, try new things, risk it!!! I realized that I really enjoyed the clips that were not exactly planned out on our storyboard because we integrated new ideas while in the moment (of production), and this honestly looked great on the final video. Finally, the last important thing that I took out of this project was the importance of criticism to better your production. Throughout our production, I often had meetings with my teacher or took feedback from my friends (outside of my class), or family as well. This truly helped me to create a better video because I reviewed things that either made my project make more sense, or make it more complete. For example, we initially met with our teacher, Ms. Stoklosa, to explain our plot. She gave us simple feedback saying we have a good base but have too much going on (we had initially thought about the ending showing weapons, drugs, etc. on Claire's lap). After receiving this feedback, we changed our project to make it more simple since this is only the opening scene, and the film should develop more later into the film. This is just one of many examples of changes to our project because of feedback, and I am very happy that we took this in and made changes to our project. 

Well, that's it folks! Stay tuned for the next two blogs that will have my CCR and video! You probably really want to stick around for tomorrow :))

Your fav,
Natalia Ballinas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening Video

Get Ready.  It's time. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dcF2RGBX0Gozu1MrusZh8dxGkpvUMCcp/view?usp=sharing