Saturday, February 12, 2022

Week One Blog Post- Transitioning to Portfolio Project!

Hi there! I am Natalia Ballinas and I invite you to start my journey with me where I will be documenting and describing my process as I create an opening fictional film video (2 minutes long). I am very excited about this project and cannot wait to see how nice my video ends up!

First off, I want to announce that I am going to be working with a group on this project. My group involves 3 other people (4 total), and the reason for this is because I find myself working better when I am collaborating with others. I thought about this choice very deeply, as this is a long project and involves a lot of importance, so this detail would be very important in the success of my project. However, I analyzed and reflected on all the past projects that I have done in this class and similar film classes, and I concluded that I like to obtain ideas from other people that entail a new point of view and perspective, different from mine. This is especially important when creating film videos, as having different ideas and perspectives creates a product that can target a large audience and is credible from all points of views.

Research Research RESEARCH! Before beginning the planning of the storyboard for the video, or any other details, I will begin by researching different types of opening films to then pick a genre for the video. The concept of the video will be very simple, yet have details that create an emotional, touching appeal. I am planning to research Studio Binder's article, "25 Best Opening Scenes in Movies and What Makes Them Great." This will give me a lot of examples of opening film videos, as well as our class's examples from the past. After analyzing some of these examples, we will choose a genre to pick from and begin research from that specific genre.

I will research the target audience, topics that the specific genre focuses on, important details that allows for the message to be transcribed to the audience, and important factors that contribute to the appeal the video wants to give off (ex. color schemes, lighting, costume design, number of cuts, etc.).  After getting this information and taking notes of it, we will begin to plan the storyboard for the film and create deadlines for when we want specific tasks to be due. We plan to have all the research and an idea of our video by the end of the first week. Additionally, by the end of the first week we will have all the deadlines in a shared google doc to keep us properly on track.

Writing this is already making me excited to officially start the project, Yay!

Best Regards,

Natalia Ballinas

Links to research articles:

https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/best-opening-scenes-in-movies/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening Video

Get Ready.  It's time. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dcF2RGBX0Gozu1MrusZh8dxGkpvUMCcp/view?usp=sharing